Vendor Analyst-Contracts Consultant
50 Beale Street San Francisco, CA 94105
2rbConsulting is seeking an experienced Vendor Analyst for a contract role with a well-known health insurance provider in San Francisco, CA.
Our client is a nonprofit health plan provider dedicated to providing Californians with access to high-quality health care at an affordable price. It's the third-largest health plan provider in the state and is dedicated to transforming the healthcare industry. Headquartered in San Francisco, with 18 additional offices across California, they are proud to service over 4 million members and employ more than 6,000 people.
This role requires the successful candidate to be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and work with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee.
- Responsible for writing and negotiating contract terms to maximize vendor performance, and to protect the long-term interests of the company
- Make recommendations for internal process improvements to cut cost, and enhance vendor performance
- Plan and oversee execution of strategic and operational initiatives impacting IT and the various business units that IT supports
- Drive the execution of desired results and operational changes once processes are outsourced
- Responsible for driving expense optimization and/or cost savings projects
- Determine appropriate vendor contracts for newly proposed work and negotiate competitive pricing
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in procurement and vendor management negotiating multi-year, high dollar value and/or high-risk technology related contracts
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master of Business Administration preferred
- Prior work experience in a services company (health care, financial services, etc.)
- Must have significant experience contracting for technology services
- Must have a strong knowledge of Software and Software Licensing
- Experience with Software Asset Management tools
- Health Care experience is highly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as planning and organization skills
- Strong ability to balance need to deliver solid operations while constantly driving change to improve effectiveness and execute sourcing strategy
- Experience leading complex-cross functional projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Excel, Visio
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Candidates selected for these contract opportunities will be required to take a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
You will also be required to work directly with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee, no 1099 or 3rd Party Candidates will be accepted.
Jeff is a dynamic, results-focused full life-cycle recruiter with a commitment to a client service and creative recruitment. Jeff has had nearly 20 years of success locating, identifying, and closing top candidate talent, with a special emphasis on hard-to-fill positions. His strength is in building and maintaining authentic long-term candidate and client relationships.