Technical Product Manager
2401 Utah Ave S Seattle, WA 98134
2rbConsulting is looking to hire an experienced Technical Product Manager for a contract role in Seattle, WA. The individual in this role will be part of a team that is responsible for defining and driving the technical solution strategy for the organization’s Retail in store production system.
- Define and socialize the product’s long-term strategy and plan
- Actively lead risk mitigation and product management; lead problem resolution as issues arise
- Responsible for facilitating trade-off decisions between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development product releases
- Responsible for gathering detailed problems from internal client interviews and turning them into the features, epics and stories that set the direction for commerce engineering teams
- Build effective relationships with key internal engineering teams
- 5+ years of industry experience as a product manager within a technology environment
- Must have the ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Must be detail – and results-oriented with the ability to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings
- Must be able to write clear product requirements
- 3+ years of experience in building applications in commerce and/or customer loyalty
- Hands on experience in developing technical roadmaps, customer journey, sequence diagram, gathering and writing technical requirements, tracing back to customer requirements, story outlines, and writing user stories
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices, methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira, Rally)
- Technical knowledge in-web application and SaaS is highly preferred
- Technical knowledge in Java or .NET, REST, Hadoop, Impala, Spark, latest user interface technologies, etc.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Retail experience is a plus
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!