Systems Engineer II
Rochester, New York
2rbConsulting is looking to hire an experienced Systems Engineer for a contract role in Rochester, NY. The individual in this role will contribute to the IT project delivery by providing general and broad technical expertise throughout all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Responsible for contributing throughout all phases of the development life cycle, including technical assessments, troubleshooting, design and engineering activities in support of complex soft and hardware systems
- Install and configure application software, both off-the-shelf and developed in-house
- Coordinate the technical engineering disciplines to ensure a holistic design and all aspects of the potential solution are well integrated and functioning
- Responsible for leading the design and engineering of web services, middleware and web hosting technologies and implementations
- At least 5+ years of experience in a Systems Engineer role
- 3-5+ years of experience installing, configuring, and supporting IT and automation/lab systems hardware and software
- Experience coordinating systems and infrastructure change control, approving reboots, and patches
- Extensive experience tracking, receiving, and coordinating installs of systems hardware
- Ability to escalate user incident tickets to appropriate support organization
- Strong ability to perform impact assessment and coordination of any resultant IT mitigation activities
If this opportunity is a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration! Local candidates highly desired, and candidate must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. PLEASE, NO 3rd PARTY CANDIDATES.