Sr. IT Contract Consultant
2rbConsulting is seeking an experienced Sr. IT Contract Consultant for a contract role with a well-known health insurance provider in either Oakland or El Dorado Hills, CA.
Our client is a nonprofit health plan provider dedicated to providing Californians with access to high-quality health care at an affordable price. It's the third-largest health plan provider in the state and is dedicated to transforming the healthcare industry. Headquartered in San Francisco, with 18 additional offices across California, they are proud to service over 4 million members and employ more than 6,000 people.
This role requires the successful candidate to be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and work with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee.
- Responsible for developing and enhancing sourcing strategies
- Plan and oversee execution of strategic and operational initiatives impacting IT and the various business units that IT supports
- Responsible for driving and achieving administrative expense optimization projects savings target/benefits
- Write and negotiate contract terms to maximize vendor performance, protect the long-term interests of the company, and obtain and sustain competitive pricing
- This individual will generate recommendations for internal process improvements to cut costs, and enhance vendor performance
- Significant experience contracting for technology services is required
- Must have strong knowledge of Software and Software Licensing
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master of Business Administration is preferred
- Experience with Software Asset Management tools (e.g. Flexera, Snow, etc.)
- Experience with Facility with using tools, systems, computer programs, etc. is required
- Strong ability to balance need to deliver solid operations while constantly driving change to improve effectiveness and execute outsourcing strategy
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing processes and practices
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to read, interpret, and write agreement terms and conditions
- Experience working in a services company (health care, financial services, etc.) is highly preferred
- IT experience including, but not limited to, negotiating license agreements, services contracts for software development, systems implementation services and IT operations support
- Thorough understanding of intellectual property rights and risk allocation with respect to software development and/or usage
- Healthcare industry knowledge and vendor management & governance experience
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Candidates selected for these contract opportunities will be required to take a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
You will also be required to work directly with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee, no 1099 or 3rd Party Candidates will be accepted.