Software Engineer- Data Services
1015 Swabia Ct Durham, NC 27703
Our client, a company specializing in providing predictive cloud infrastructure is seeking a Software Engineer – Data Services to join their team in Durham, NC. They are seeking individuals who thrive as team players and who are hands-on. The individual in this role will be responsible for designing, coding, testing and debugging components in the company’s data services group.
- Responsible for creating functional specs and other design documentation
- Work with technical leaders and architects to understand new product requirements
- Provide guidance to management and participate in technical communication with customers
- Work with other data services teams, QA, customer support and platform teams to solve complex customer and release issues
- Must have a very strong system programming background with C/C++ for large enterprise class software
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithms, and multi-threaded programming is required
- Must have in depth knowledge of OS internals
- Must be capable of debugging issues in multi-threaded and clustered environments
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following areas: Data-path on large and complex modules, Distributed Systems, Clustering or HA, Memory management, Virtualization or De-duplication, Replication, QoS, or Storage Protocols (iSCSI/SCSI, FC, NFS, CIFS)
- Exp. in developing commercial software products with a passion for quality and excellent software engineering practices
- Strong ability to write clear and articulate functional and design specifications
- BS in Computer Science or EE is required. MS degree preferred
If this opportunity is a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
Aaron is a Technical Recruiter whose core focus is to build interpersonal relationships with everyone he works with. Along with his dedication to matching his candidates with the best opportunity, his ability to understand their interests and skills has helped him gain the trust of every candidate he places!