Software Development Engineer
Arlington, VA 98109
We’re looking to hire talented Software Development Engineers to join an exciting and fast-growing team in Arlington, VA. The individual in this role will be a part of a team that is focused on designing, building, and launching new external APIs that perform at the global scale for the organization’s customers.
This role provides individuals a chance to utilize their experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms, and data structures. Individuals in this role will also have the opportunity to work with principal engineers and with other team members across the organization.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
- This person will lead a team of SDEs – to build and support internal/external APIs
- Set and expect high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance.
- Own the quality of delivered components
- This individual will need to demonstrate leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
- Support other senior SDEs as you continue to grow and develop
- Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
- Mentor high performing junior engineers
- Work with teams across the organization to build integrate solutions
- Must have 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design is required
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming is highly preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!