Software Development Engineer
We’re looking to hire talented Software Development Engineers to join an exciting and fast-growing team in Arlington, VA. This individual will be part of a team that is focused on designing, building, and launching new external APIs that perform at the global scale for the organization’s customers.
The person in this role will have the opportunity to utilize their experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms, and data structures.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
- Responsible for setting and expecting high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance. Own the quality of delivered components
- This person will be tasked with demonstrating leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
- Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
- Mentor high performing junior engineers
- Work with teams across the organization to build integrate solutions
- Must have 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design is required
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems is required
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming is a strong plus
- 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
- 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!