Information Security Risk Assessment Consultant
9737 Washingtonian Blvd Suite 500 Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
Our client is seeking an experienced Information Security Risk Assessment Consultant.
In this role, you will provide risk assessment, application security architecture, cloud implementation, cloud security and application architecture experience to the project team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- End-to-end Risk Assessments working with Information Technology partners, business requirements and technology requirements and have a conversation with Sr. Management, Information Technology, and Business owners.
- Proven Application, Infrastructure, and Cloud Assessment background are needed.
- Experience defining security controls and assessing how these were implemented.
- Understanding of application security architecture
- Experience with cloud architecture and implementation of security controls within Cloud deployments (AWS, Azure).
- Clear understanding of a variety of Risk Frameworks and advantages of each for different types of risks.
- Experience in reviewing business processes and providing information security requirements, conducting design reviews, conduct testing, identifying and reporting risks.
- Conducting security architecture, threat modeling, and design reviews.
- Assist and conduct penetration and vulnerability assessments.
- Risk documentation/communication with stakeholders. Ability to translate technical risks into business risks.
- Experience in integrating risk management concepts and processes such as risk profile, threat models in existing Risk Management Processes.
- Demonstrated IT Security expertise in Cloud technologies, Identity and Access Management, Logging and Monitoring, SDLC, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Enterprise Architecture, Incident Response.
- CISSP certification is preferred. Additional certifications (CISA, GIAC, GSSP-NET, GWAPT, GPEN, CISM) a big plus.
- Superior communication skills required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related area (Computer Science degree is preferred)
This role is located in the Washington DC metro area, is Metro accessible, and a long-term contract role.
If this opportunity sounds like the right challenge for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
We do not currently offer relocation or Visa sponsorship for these roles. Please, no third party inquiries.