Data Solutions Architect
2rbConsulting is looking to hire an experienced Data Solutions Architect to partner with our client. We’re seeking individuals who have a passion for new innovative technologies and for driving customer transformation. This is a remote opportunity.
This position focuses on driving migrations from competing Data platforms (MongoDB, Cassandra and Gremlin) to Azure CosmosDB platform and implementation of Azure CosmosDB to ensure that mission critical, globally distributed, multi-model database service for operational and analytics workloads, No-ETL analytics over real-time operational data, Real-time IoT device telemetry and Real-time retail services, etc.
- You will work with customers, partners, and engineering to drive the use of Azure CosmosDB on solutions
- Help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove the capabilities of the organization’s Analytics and Business Intelligence products and services
- Creation and management of CosmosDB resources like databases, containers and querying data
- Data partitioning and best practices like partitioning and horizontal scaling, synthetic partition key and data modeling
- Global distribution implementation and optimization including performance and high availability, conflict types and resolution policies, multi-master configuration, etc.
- Experience migrating Oracle DBs to CosmosDB SQL API using Striim, Oracle DBs to CosmosDB Cassandra API using Striim, Oracle DBs/Apache Cassandra to CosmosDB using Blitzz.
- Relational Database Architecture for Cloud Applications, Search Design and Architecture, Unstructured Data Storage Architecture
- Expertise on using Data migration tools – SQL API, CQL shell, Azure Database Migration Service and AzCopy/Data Migration tool – Table API
- Experience optimizing performance & cost
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Lake Storage
- Software Development skills to write code on Java, Python, Node.js, C#
- Strong Serverless Computing skills
- Experience using Xamarin
- Practical knowledge of common storage options including Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Blob Storage, JSON
- Previous experience working with MongoDB, Cassandra DB, Gremlin, etc.
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices, TDD
- Experience in Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST
- Experience in delivery thru agile practices
- Knowledge in Azure Spark/Azure Databricks
- Knowledge in Azure Functions, Azure Container Services
- Ability to translate technology capabilities into business capabilities
- Application development lifecycle, discovering patterns and practices
- Solution architecture design, Big Data and Distributed processing of data architecture
- Work experience in an Agile environment - preferably Scrum
- Inclusion of quality attributes in solution designs (security, availability, resilience, performance, scalability, cost, usability)