Bioinformatics Data Scientist
La Jolla, California
2rbConsulting is looking to hire an experienced Bioinformatics Data Scientist for a contract role in La Jolla, CA. Our client is a well-known & respected leader in the Pharmaceutical industry. The individual in this role will primarily be responsible for developing and supporting the computational infrastructures for cancer genomics data analyses.
- Integrate, curate and load data from cancer multi-omics studies into backend databases of VIP, cBioPortal and OASIS
- Collaborate with computational biologists/scientists to develop innovative data analysis pipelines and methods
- Develop data analysis tools to support data mining initiatives
- Responsible for supporting web-based analytical platforms: VIP, cBioportal and OASIS
- Working experience with NGS data analysis and bioinformatics analysis pipelines
- Prior working experience with cancer genomics databases such as TCGA, CCLE, COSMIC
- Extensive experience and skills in developing or working with relational databases using Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following languages: R, PERL, Python
- Working knowledge in molecular biology and genomics
- Comfortable working in the Unix/Linux development environment
If this opportunity is a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration! Local candidates highly desired, and candidate must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. PLEASE, NO 3rd PARTY