Our client is seeking an experienced creative technical artist to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will provide technical solutions for aesthetic problems within the MMO game space. As a key member of the team, you will be the connection between teams for current and future art tools & technologies. You will work closely with Engineers and Artists to improve the game engine and tool set for visual results.
- Utilize Python and Mel scripting skills to develop and improve tools based on workflow and visual targets.
- Act as liaison between the art and engineering teams to integrate and optimize art tools and graphics features.
- Research and educate artists on best practices in tool usage.
- Research and integrate new technology into art production methods.
- Help conquer complex animation and visual effects content challenges.
- Prior experience using Mel, Python or similar scripting tools to create tools for the needs of a team of artists.
- Proven experience working with game or graphic artists, in regards to tools and translating those into technical specifications.
- Exp. working with an art team working on a major PC/console release.
- A background demonstrating a well-rounded understanding of game art production.
- A desire to deliver best in class tools for artists.
- Exp. documenting tools and processes in a manner artists will be able to easily understand.
This position is a full-time opportunity, located in the Seattle metro area. Our client offers relocation for the right candidate!
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration!