Our client is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer, to work closely with the Development, Engineering and Customer Support teams. This role is great for someone who works well independently, and can troubleshoot issues without constant direction.
You'll be part of a globally located team, and will need strong communication and collaboration skills.
This organization offers a great working atmosphere, making life sciences organizations more competitive, efficient and productive. There is some international travel, of approximately 5% annually.
- Ensure the company is utilizing automation to provision & secure software, infrastructure and other technologies are cohesive for all software tiers.
- Provide technical input for disaster recovery, risk analysis, data centers, and architectural strategy.
- Keep the company on the forefront of the latest tools, strategies, and technologies.
- Propose software and hardware updates to improve system improvements and infrastructure reliability.
- Perform System monitoring and review.
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution of production system service issues, including network, cloud hosting, applications and operating system issues.
- Participate in on-call rotations after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance.
AWS or other web services exp.
Apache, IIS, and NGINX skills
Strong Linux and/or Windows Server 2012-2016
Relational Databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres.
Version Control Systems,
Understanding of internet protocols
Configuration Management (OpsWOrks/Chef)
Network experience with Load Balancers
2+ years exp. supporting 24x7 production environments and on-call experience.
Ability to travel internationally approximately 5% of the time.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration!
No Visa sponsorship is available. No Third party candidates, please! Local candidates only.