System Center Configuration Support
Our client is seeking experienced SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) Support Specialists to join their fast growing team in Dallas/Irving, TX. These are long term contract roles, and require individuals hired to complete a background and drug test, and work as W-2 employees of 2rbConsulting. No visa sponsorships or relocation is provided.
Four or more years of industry experience with Microsoft Server products.
Understanding of Patch Management and some experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) will be preferred.
Understanding of WMI and familiarity with WQL queries
Active Directory concepts such as Kerberos, LDAP, Sites and Security Groups.
Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing.
Windows Server Operating System knowledge which NTFS/ Permissions, File Sharing, Performance Monitoring, Event logging, Task Manager, Windows Firewall, User and Group Management.
SQL Database concepts and some familiarity with SQL Profiler.
2+ years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting.
- Exceptional Problem-Solving and Communication Skills - Spoken and written English (including technical writing).
- Strong knowledge of any Microsoft® System Center Products, with an emphasis on the following Configuration Manager concepts:
- General knowledge in sites, site roles, site component configuration: including Primary and Secondary sites, Distribution Points, Pull Distribution Points, discovery, boundaries, Application Catalog, and client policy.
- Experience with installing sites, Software Updates Management, Operating System Deployment and Software Distribution.
- Experience with various client features like discovery, installation, inventory and software metering.
- Familiar with status messages and various server and client-side logs used for troubleshooting.
- Understanding of site backup and recovery.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft cloud services such as Azure and Intune.
- Basic knowledge of managing Mac/iOS, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
- Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration!