Sr. Systems Analyst - Incident Responder - Security Incident Response Team
El Dorado Hills, California
2rbConsulting is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst with experience in Security Incident Response Teams for a long term contract or contract-to-hire role with a well-known health insurance provider in El Dorado Hills, CA.
This role requires the successful candidate to be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, and work with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee.
Our clients' IT Security Services team is looking to add a Cyber Defense Response Team Member to join our IT Security Incident Response team (SIRT) in support of California’s IT security initiatives. The Cyber Defense Response Team Member will apply knowledge to monitor and respond to alerts triggered by IT Security Services existing technologies, services and other IT Security incidents reported to the team.
- Event monitoring, analysis, responding, and reporting for IT security incidents IT Security Incident response.
- Threat detection, response, and management.
- IT security incident and vulnerability response and escalations.
- Detection and escalation of account privilege abuse.
- Policy compliance monitoring.
- IT Security process improvement and documentation including roadmaps and runbooks.
- IT Security risk and audit analysis including metric reporting.
- Collaboration with IT Security Services Engineers to enhance and fine tune existing IT Security Services components, technologies, and services.
- Must have a be open to schedule changes and working non-business hours.
- ?8 hr days, 40 hr weeks
Day - hours range between 6a - 5p Sunday - Saturday
Swing - hours range from 2p - 11p Sunday - SaturdayNight - hours range from 10p - 7a Sunday - Saturday
- 4+ years of recent related experience.
- Certifications which demonstrate baseline competency in the areas of IT Security or related filed (CISSP, GIAC) is a plus.
- Knowledge and exp. with several IT Security layers, components, and technologies that are commonly used such as but not limited to; web content filtering, intrusion detection and prevention, data loss prevention, Security Information and event management systems.
- Awareness of APT – Advanced Persistent Threat remediation and detection, Vulnerability and Remediation is helpful.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, PCI-DSS, ISO 2700X, the healthcare industry and proper application of the Security and Privacy Rules is a plus.
- Team player with strong relationship building skills that assists with interconnecting and high collaboration across all IT departments – promptly shares relevant information with others
Educational Experience Required:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with a minimum of 4 years dedicated to IT, IT security, and/or security infrastructure experience OR a combination of equivalent work experience and education.
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Candidates selected for these contract opportunities will be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
You will also be required to work directly with 2rbConsulting as a W-2 employee, no 1099 or 3rd Party Candidates will be accepted.