Software Development Engineer
Arlington, VA 98109
We’re looking to hire talented Software Development Engineers to join an exciting and fast-growing team in Arlington, VA. The individual in this role will be a part of a team that is focused on building new systems and improving existing systems that perform at the global scale for the organization’s millions of customers.
This role provides individuals a chance to utilize their experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms, and data structures.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
- This person will lead a team of SDEs – to build and support internal/external APIs
- Set and expect high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance. Own the quality of delivered components
- This individual will need to demonstrate leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
- Support other senior SDEs as you continue to grow and develop
- Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
- Mentor high performing junior engineers
- Work with teams across the organization to build integrate solutions
- 4+ years of professional software development experience is required
- Must have 3+ years of programming experience with at least one of the following: Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems
- 7+ years of industry experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Strong analytical abilities and design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
If this opportunity sounds like a good match for your background, skills, and career goals, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!