Senior Software MMO Game Engineer, C++
Our client is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer to join their fast growing team in Bellevue, WA.
Do you have experience in developing gameplay systems? Are you driven to make games better and more engaging? Do have a passion for scalable technologies? If so, this may be the new opportunity you've been seeking!
Core objectives of this team are to collaborate on building flexible, robust systems. The team develops AAA studio games for the 100+M players., in the MMO space.
Our client has extremely generous benefits, and a commitment to work/life balance.
- Build improvements to the existing legacy game system.
- Design and launch play systems for highly interactive multiplayer online game platforms.
- Work closely with the UX designers, artists, and other engineering team members to refine system requirements.
- Design and implement latency-aware features.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of game development within the 3-D core games, with shipped titles.
- Ability to speak to the game design as well as provide the engineering expertise.
- 4+ years of C++ development exp., including debugging and multi platform games.
- Competency with 3D math concepts and use of such within game development.
- Exp. with robust client-server gameplay system development.
- Exp. with latency, requirements changes, and deployment.
- Understanding what gamers expect from current games, and ideas on how to improve.
- Python and/or Lua development skills
- Proven capability in optimizing gameplay systems.
- Content pipeline exp.
- Exp. in using DCC toolchains (Maya)
- Bachelors or Masters in CS
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration!