SQL Server DBA
Our client is seeking an experienced SQL Server Production DBA to join their team in this growing consumer e-commerce company.
In this role, you will be fully responsible for the SQL Server administration for the organization. Their servers typically hold 6+TB of data. Implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance will all fall under your area of responsibility.
This organization offers a great working atmosphere, with flexible hours, some remote work options, great benefits, and interesting product offerings. It's also very dog-friendly, offers work/life balance, and located out of the downtown city traffic snarls.
- Database server backup to meet RPO standards.
- Troubleshooting outages that occur, including non-core business hours occurrences.
- Design & test backup procedures. Ensure compliance with RTO.
- Configuration of monitoring tools or utilities to optimize surface issues and minimize false alarms.
- Troubleshoot and identify SQL Server related memory, CPU, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Document the organization's database environment.
5+ years of hands-on experience, and expert knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and above.
Hands on exp. with 2014 and 2016 Enterprise 3-node Availability Group.
Performance Tuning/Optimization and authoring complex procedures using T-SQL.
Exp. with High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server.
Exp. managing SQL environment security issues.
Exp. with Windows servers, including Active Directory.
Exp. optimizing SQL Server environments.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MVP, MCSA, MCITP
- PowerShell relating to SQL Server
- Involvement with MSSQL Server Community and/or PASS Membership.
- Exp. configuring and maintaining SSRS
- Experience with design and creation of data warehouses
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration!
No Visa sponsorship is available. No Third party candidates, please! Local candidates only.