Reverse Engineer-Malware Analyst
9737 Washingtonian Blvd Suite 500 Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
Our client is seeking an experienced Reverse Engineer/Malware Analyst Consultant.
In this role, you will provide reverse engineering, best practices, and conduct malware analysis. Experience with Ollydbg and IDAPro are especially appreciated!
This role is located onsite in Washington DC, with a well recognized non-profit with a mission to solve world poverty and hunger.
- ? Document vulnerabilities and Exploits used while analyzing a malware.
- Analyze, evaluate, and document malicious code behavior.
- Identify commonalities and differences between malware samples for purposes of grouping or classifying for attribution purposes.
- Researching on Vulnerabilities, exploits, zero-day Malware and then providing early alerts to Security Engineering team along with mitigation strategy.
- Research and write actionable reports, ensure the accuracy and integrity of information throughout reporting .
- Impart training to internal team members on Reverse Engineering .
- Develop tools to identify a 0-day malware based on various characteristics of a file format.
- Assist the COT lead in developing and setting up frameworks for developing incident response TOOLKIT.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years total experience in security engineering, with a minimum of 3 years conducting malware analysis.
- Understanding of how operating systems work and how malware exploits them.
- Past exposure to APT type malware and financial crime malware.
- Currently conducts 100% of your current job conducting malware analysis or malware intelligence, experience in researching vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Experience in using Ollydbg and IDAPro.
- Thorough understanding of Windows Internals and memory management.
- Knowledge of common hacking tools and techniques.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing various log formats from various sources.
- Experience in analyzing reports generated from SIM/SEM tools.
- Proficient experience with the following concepts and related toolsets, Network sniffers, Process analysis tools, Registry analysis tools, File analysis tools, and Memory analysis tools.
- Performed penetration testing, vulnerability management, and application security code reviews
- Superior communication skills required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related area (Computer Science degree is preferred)
This role is located in the Washington DC metro area, is Metro accessible, and a long-term contract role.
If this opportunity sounds like the right challenge for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
We do not currently offer relocation or Visa sponsorship for these roles. Please, no third party inquiries.