Data Scientist and Predictive Analytics Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to lead their Predictive Analytics focus. In this role, you'll work closely with the team to envision new theories and how to utilize data, and evolve their current business practices to further growth.
Bring your background in statistics, predictive modeling, and data analytics to this powerhouse of a popular consumer product. You'll have a wealth of data to test pricing, shipping, and inventory needs. You'll work with the business leadership to create business solutions.
- Data mining and ad hoc analysis.
- Design and test creative new ways to price and present inventory.
- Develop pricing strategies.
- Design and execute A/B/n testing.
- Design and test alternative sorting of new items using predictive analytics.
- Analyse data utilizing standard statistical methods, interpret results, and provide written/oral summaries of results to stakeholders.
2+ years in a Data Scientist role for an eCommerce company.
Exp. with R and Python, or other statistical computing programming languages.
Solid exp. with SQL database queries, and large data sets of 500M+ rows, including multiple tables and joins.
Ability to utilize mathematics and statistics to solve a broad range of challenges.
Exp. with regression, classification, clustering and statistical/ML techniques.
Exp. with Pandas, scikit-learn, and modern data manipulation and ML tools.
Bachelors degree or higher in Statistics, Economics
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields, with a minimum of two years of relevant experience (strong mathematical background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, and you'd like to learn more, submit your resume for immediate consideration! This is a full time position, located in the South Seattle area. No Third Party candidates please.