Our client, a global non-profit is seeking an experienced Business Analyst for a long-term contract opportunity.
General Duties of this role include:
- Perform the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the company, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
These include but not limited to the following:
- Identifying, documenting and analyzing opportunities to improve business processes, and facilitating business unit adoption of new processes
- Gathering, analyzing, and documenting business objectives and functional requirements
- Developing business architecture and designs. Specialized skills may include selecting, developing and implementing technology tools and applications for Web technologies required experience with .Net for web, Web Services, SharePoint, Rich Internet Applications and XML.
- Interacts with customers in defining requirements and strategies and in resolving problems and support issues.
- Applies advanced technical expertise to define architecture requirements and establishing standards for design and development in order to promote high system performance, maintainability, extensibility, and compatibility with related systems.
- May act as a team leader in prioritizing group tasks, determining individual assignments, and reviewing work of lower-level developers.
- Provides or contributes to product demonstrations, technology seminars, and review of emerging technologies.
- Requires detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the business objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of and extensive experience developing applications in a variety of programming languages, operating systems, computer platforms.
- Expert and comprehensive functional knowledge of application area, to which the incumbent is assigned, e.g. document management systems, economic systems, and administrative/financial systems.
- Expert knowledge of emerging tools and technologies and their application.
- 10 plus Years experience as a Business Analyst in a large organization
- Bachelors in EE, CS, Math or Related Field
- Superior communication skills a must, both written and verbal, at various organizational levels
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and subordinates and management both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with clients, vendors, and management to obtain outstanding results.
- Works on complex or enterprise-wide problems and develops solutions.
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Viewed as an expert in multiple fields. Ability to lead and supervise Application Developers.
- Consultative direction towards predetermined goals and objectives
This role is located in the Washington DC metro area, is Metro accessible, and a long-term contract role. If this opportunity sounds like the right challenge for you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
We do not currently offer relocation or Visa sponsorship for these roles. Please, no third party inquiries.